Brother Free Delivery & Install Promotion Terms and Conditions
Brother means Brother International (NZ) Limited, 27 Matarawa Place, Tauriko Business Estate, Tauranga 3171; postal address PO BOX 248, Tauranga 3144.
Eligible Product means any machine that is identified in the Eligible Product Matrix and which has been purchased during the Promotional Period.
Eligible Product Matrix means the Brother Eligible Product matrix identifying each Eligible Product and relevant Promotional Period, located and accessible below.
Installation Service means the delivery and installation service offered through this Promotion, as more particularly set out in the paragraphs below headed ‘Delivery’ and ‘Installation’.
Participating Dealer means an authorised Brother reseller who is participating in the Promotion in New Zealand.
Promotion means the Brother Free Delivery and Install Promotion offered pursuant to these terms and conditions.
Promotional Period means the period identified in the Eligible Product Matrix.
Purchaser means an individual that purchases an Eligible Product for this Promotion.
Working Day means any day other than a Saturday or Sunday or a New Zealand public holiday.
To be eligible to receive the Installation Service in connection with this Promotion, the Purchaser must:
- be a New Zealand resident; have purchased an Eligible Product from a Participating Dealer during the Promotional Period; and
- have proof of identity and proof of purchase to verify the above criteria.
Any rights or benefits to a Purchaser in connection with this Promotion are personal to the Purchaser and not capable of transfer or assignment. Only the Purchaser of an Eligible Product will be eligible to receive the Installation Service, in respect of that Eligible Product (and not any other Brother products).
Eligible Product Matrix
|Eligible Product||Eligible Product Description||Free Delivery & Install Promotional Period Availability|
|MFCJ6945DW||A3 colour inkjet printer all in one||Ongoing promotional offer*|
|HLL6400DW||Mono laser printer|
|MFCL5755DW||Mono laser all in one|
|MFCL6700DW||Mono laser all in one|
|HLL9310CDW||Colour laser printer|
|MFCL8690CDW||Colour laser all in one|
|MFCL9570CDW||Colour laser all in one|
*Brother will advise, with 30 days notice, if an ongoing promotion will expire and adjust the status to reflect the new expiry date.
The Purchaser and Participating Dealer will arrange the delivery method from the below options.
- Delivery of the Eligible Product, on a Working Day, to the Purchaser’s chosen address.
- Delivery of the Eligible Product, on a Working Day, directly to the local, nominated authorised Technical Service Provider and delivered at the same time as installation.
- Purchaser chooses to take the machine with them at the point of purchase. Brother will not subsidise/reimburse the cost of delivery.
Installation (Set up)
- The Installation Service must be requested within 4 weeks from the date of purchase of the Eligible Product by the Purchaser.
- The Installation Service may only be redeemed free of charge for deliveries to an address within 30 kilometres from an authorised Brother Technical Service Provider. If the
- Purchaser’s chosen address is outside of the 30 kilometre service area, Brother will advise the Purchaser of any additional travel costs prior to undertaking the Installation Service and the Purchaser will be required to pay such costs directly to the authorised Technical Service Provider unless the Purchaser elects not to redeem the Installation Service.
- The Installation Service covers basic installation, on a Working Day, of Brother software and a device driver on a single computer and basic setup as covered in the Quick Setup Guide (Installation Service), which is included with any Eligible Product and otherwise is accessible at https://support.brother.com/g/b/productsearch.aspx?c=nz&lang=en
The Installation Service includes the basic set up of date and time, fax, scan to email and basic instruction on how to use the machine (including scanning and faxing functions and entering one touch and speed dials).
- Network machines can be installed on the Purchaser’s network if there is an existing infrastructure (including any cables required) to the satisfaction of the authorised Brother Technical Service Provider providing the Installation Service.
- The Installation Service does not cover:
• any advanced setup and programming of the machine beyond basic instruction;
• any additional software or infrastructure updates or changes; or
• repairing and troubleshooting computer or operating system issues.
- In providing the Installation Service or (where applicable) Consumable Replenishment Programme, Brother is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by events, matters or circumstances beyond its reasonable control or any negligent conduct, or misuse, abuse, neglect or accident by the Purchaser or the authorised Brother Technical Service Provider, or any failure of the machine or Installation Service due to network or power supply irregularities, and has no liability for any direct loss or damage incurred by the Purchaser arising out of the provision of the Installation Service or (where applicable) Consumable Replenishment Programme, except to the extent that such loss or damage is caused by Brother’s negligent conduct (subject to the exclusion of certain direct losses as provided below).
- Brother will not be liable for any indirect loss or any direct loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of use, loss of or corruption to data, or loss of anticipating savings, connected with the machine and provision of Installation Services or (where applicable) Consumable Replenishment Programme (whether in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Eligible Purchaser acknowledges that, subject to the rights of consumers under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Brother makes no other warranties or representations (either express or implied by law) with respect to the Installation Services or (where applicable) Consumable Replenishment Program.
- If the machine purchased is being used for business purposes, then the Purchaser acknowledges that the Consumer Guarantees Act will not apply to the purchase of the machine and/or the Installation Service or (where applicable) Consumable Replenishment Programme.
- Brother reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time.
This Promotion cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other promotion, including any other free delivery and install, cashback promotion or rewards programme.
- Brother’s decision on all matters related to the Promotion, including eligibility is final and is at Brother’s sole discretion.
Unless the Purchaser un-checks the appropriate box on the Free Delivery and Installation form, Brother may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the personal information collected for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Purchaser.
Brother will hold any and all personal information of the Purchaser, in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993. The Purchaser may direct any requests to access, update or correct their personal information to Brother.
Consumable Replenishment Programme (where Opted for)
The Purchaser has acknowledged by indicating on the Free Delivery and Installation form that they wish to participate in the Consumable Replenishment Programme, subject to the following:
- The Purchaser agrees to install such print monitoring software on their server or PC as may be required or supplied by Brother from time to time.
- The Purchaser’s server or PC must be Windows compatible and the Purchaser acknowledges that the Consumable Replenishment Programme is not available on Mac.
- The Purchaser agrees to provide the necessary network permissions to allow remote monitoring of the Eligible Product’s print volumes.
- The Purchaser agrees to Brother’s Privacy Statement as detailed above.
- The Purchaser authorises a representative from the store/place of purchase of the relevant Eligible Product to contact the Purchaser when the Purchaser’s toner/ink is low and requires replacement.
- The Purchaser authorises and consents to a representative from the store/place of purchase of the relevant Eligible Product to contact the Purchaser to advise of toner/ink promotions.