Pay for online purchases directly with POLi and Internet banking
Why use POLi to pay for things online?
You don’t need a credit card to buy online or pay a bill
With POLi you no longer need to have a credit card when shopping online. POLi allows you to pay for your purchases straight from your bank account using your Internet banking. Unlike a credit card, there are no fees to use POLi. It’s free and you don’t have to register.
POLi works seamlessly with all major NZ banks
POLi supports the leading Internet banking sites in New Zealand:
POLi is extremely safe to use
When you pay with POLi the transaction happens inside and is protected by your Internet banking security. Your confidential information is not disclosed to any third party, including us.
POLi does not capture usernames or passwords
POLi’s software is regularly reviewed by independent security companies.
POLi checks the bank website's SSL certificate and thumbprints to always ensure you are talking directly to your bank.
How does POLi work?
1. Check out of shopping cart
The customer selects the POLi payment option when they checkout
2. Pay with Internet banking
Log into your bank account using POLi. The payment is protected by the customer’s bank authentication and security
3. Complete order
POLi automates the payment process and verifies to the seller that the payment has been made.
Best in class security features
1. Your Internet banking security protects when you pay with POLi. Your confidential information is not disclosed to any third party, including us.
2. POLi does not capture usernames or passwords
3. Independent security companies regularly review our software
4. POLi checks the bank website's SSL certificate and thumbprints to always ensure you are talking directly to your bank
5. POLi works with some of the most trusted brands online.
What is POLi?
POLi allows you to make a payment for goods at your favourite online retailer, pay for travel, or pay a bill using money straight from your bank account. POLi is safe and secure and lets you use your Internet banking to make the payment.
POLi has been operating in New Zealand since 2007. Land Transport New Zealand (now the New Zealand Transport Agency) was the very first merchant to offer POLi payments to their customers, and since then many other government agencies, airlines, online retailers and billers have joined in to offer their customers a more convenient and safe way to pay.
Why choose to pay using POLi?
POLi is a great alternative for people without credit cards, or for those who have them but would prefer not to use them to shop online or pay a bill online.
Who can use POLi?
Anyone who has access to the "One-off Payment" functionality offered by a supported online banking facility can use POLi.
Note that your bank may refer to the One-off Payment functionality by a different name. E.g. Pay Anyone, 3rd party transaction etc. It's the functionality that allows you to make a single payment from your bank account to another.
How does POLi work?
Follow these simple steps:
1. Choose to pay with Internet banking wherever you see the POLi payment option
2. Select your bank and click proceed with payment
3. Login directly to your bank
4. Follow the prompts to complete the Pay Anyone transaction (may include selecting account or entering second factor information)
5. Complete the payment and receive your receipt
Is there a cost when I use POLi?
There is no cost imposed by POLi on customers for the use of the POLi service. Your bank may apply fees for electronic funds transfers.
Do I have to register to use POLi?
No. This is one of the great features of POLi payments - no registration, and no additional passwords to remember!
Merchants who intend to use POLi to receive POLi payments will need to register.
Is POLi secure?
Yes, POLi places a lot of importance on the security of its software. We never capture sensitive information such as your login name or password. Find out more about POLi security here (link to polipayments.com/security).